Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Why Meditate?

You are wondering why you come to me each morning? What craving dwells in your heart that compels you to sit, breath and empty your mind so that it may be filled? The fact that you don’t know is okay. Really. It’s okay. What is important is your commitment. What is important is that you are willing to continuously come here in search of answers.

To connect to me is to connect to the greater, bigger, more compassionate, more creative aspect of yourself. You know that you are so much more than you think you are and that by setting aside your personality you are able to feel and know the full extent of your potential. THAT is the carving that dwells in your heart.

So, come here to this spot each morning and turn your attention to that which is beyond your circumstances and conditions. Turn your attention inward and you feel the container that you think of as ‘you’ melt away. Through meditation you know that even the confines of your body are an illusion. Your individuality unifies with the whole.

You needn’t have an agenda to come here. There need not be an end result. You need only a willing heart and an intent to learn and grow. You need only the courage to proceed with the job of being. Cliché I know, but true just the same.

Today’s Affirmation

I do not need to know where I am going.
If my heart is heading in the right direction I will get there.
My commitment is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment