Monday, February 8, 2010

Today's Prayer - Winds of Spirit

I am a child of God. I spring from the rivers of great mountain ranges and fall into the oceans that feed the world. I am a child of my parents. I am the living breath body through which Spirit expresses itself.

Beyond my body is a world. Other people, trees, fish, swamp and sea, ferns and foxtail, swan and swallow, worm and seed. This planet is rife with throbbing life. The wind blows from Kuala Lumpur to Kentucky bringing with it the sweet nectar of promise. On the winds come rain and clear skies and the possibility of newness. Beyond my mind and my limiting view of what’s possible is a whirl of life, dreams, hopes and love – unending, warm, soft embracing love. On the winds from the west come all that we seek. On the winds from the west comes Spirit.

As I stand on the ocean bluff, I close my eyes and feel the breeze on my face. Not an inch is left untouched. As Spirit swirls around me a smile come across my face as I feel the transformation take hold. The wind did not pass by me. It did not choose someone else. It didn’t ignore me or miss me or judge me undeserving of its attention. No. It wrapped itself lovingly around me and I chose to welcome its arrival.

Love, companionship, loyalty, steadfastness, ease, flow. That is the cloak that clothes me in the wind. That is the essence of who I am. So in this moment, on this Monday morning, I stand at the ocean's edge so that I may feel the winds of change more forcefully. I claim my faith in its powerful rush. I succumb to the winds of change and open my mouth in a cheer of supplication, knowing that my supplication is not a call of weakness but a cry of strength. I put down my sword and set aside my suitcase full of well-earned fears and proclaim to the world that I trust in its essential goodness. I need only bring myself to this party for me to reap its joyful rewards.

I am whole. I am beautiful. I am an open channel to the creative energy that shows itself in every wave that laps at my feet. No wave is like another and so it is with me. Each breath, each thought is born anew. I stand proud and wise and strong against the elements. I am who I am and who I am is enough. I have all that I need. A tsunami may come, the baking sun may burn, the ground beneath my feet may rock and roll but I will stand aloft, tall and proud and unphased by the onslaught because I know who I am. I know who I was born to be – a loving, powerful, passionate woman committed to sharing my gifts with the world.

Thank you wind, thank you God. Just as the winds are always blowing, so are you. Thank you for the strength and wisdom and patience to proceed. Thank you for the rains and the sun that arrives soon after. Thank you for the sand storms and the clarity it brings in its wake. Thank you for the tumors and the courage they birthed. Thank you for the love and comfort I have in my life. And finally, thank you for all the gifts handed down to me through the generations – my parents, theirs before them and theirs before them. Privilege, suffering, joy, pain, disappointment and laughs.

You are my faithful companion on this road. I hold out my hand for yours. As I feel your warmth and strength, I close my eyes and proceed. One foot in front of the other, I walk down this road knowing you will guide me safely to my dreams. I release all fear, all trepidation, all ambivalence and know that nothing can come between me and my journey when you are my guide.

One foot in front of the other, I proceed knowing that all is well. I am loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment